To view, click:
• Conceptual Framework: Capacity Building
• Theoretical Framework: Personal Leadership (7Habits of Highly Effective People)
• Discipline 1: Be Proactive
• What is Annual Planning?
Annual planning is planning what your year looks like. First, with major events and dates that are important to you, it includes specific goals and objectives as part of a strategic plan for your life based on your vision and mission statements.
It could also include a detailed plan outlining which activities will be accomplished by when and by whom.
• Why do Annual Planning?
Annual planning helps you to put in writing what you want from the year. It is specific about what life you want for yourself and for your family! In other words, it provides a sense of direction by putting a demand and focus on your most important resources -- your time, your money and your energy!
• How do I do Annual Planning?
There are several frameworks for annual planning. For the purposes of these lessons, we will use both support in scripture and in some practical schools of thought on personal leadership.
• II Kings 4:1-7 (ESV): Elisha and the Widow's Oil
4 1Now the wife of one of the sons of the prophets cried to Elisha, “Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that your servant feared the Lord, but the creditor has come to take my two children to be his slaves.” 2 And Elisha said to her, “What shall I do for you? Tell me; what have you in the house?” And she said, “Your servant has nothing in the house except a jar of oil.” 3 Then he said, “Go outside, borrow vessels from all your neighbors, empty vessels and not too few. 4 Then go in and shut the door behind yourself and your sons and pour into all these vessels. And when one is full, set it aside.” 5 So she went from him and shut the door behind herself and her sons. And as she poured they brought the vessels to her. 6 When the vessels were full, she said to her son, “Bring me another vessel.” And he said to her, “There is not another.” Then the oil stopped flowing. 7 She came and told the man of God, and he said, “Go, sell the oil and pay your debts, and you and your sons can live on the rest.”
§ the amount that something can produce.
§ the maximum amount that something can contain.
• You have to want something
• mission, vision, goals, desires, plans
• You have to make your known
• Relationship Matters
• Don’t Discount Your Anointing (talents, gifts, ideas, intellect, etc).
• Don’t Discount the Power of the Holy Spirit in Your Life
• Prepare/Make Room for Your Blessings
• Shut the door
• Your Success Intimidates
• Haters are for Winners (and essential to your destiny)
• Work the Plan/Work the Strategy
• Set smaller goals and objectives to reach larger goals and vision
• Set Aside
• The Power of Savings in Financial Wellness
• Pay Your Bills/Live Debt-free
• 7Habits of Highly Effective People: Private Disciplines
• Habit 1:Be Proactive
• PROACTIVITY in the Scriptures
• DON’T BLAME OTHERS FOR YOUR LIFE
• SEEK WISDOM
• LIVE WHAT YOU KNOW
• SOW IN THE KINGDOM
• LET JESUS BE THE LORD OF YOUR LIFE
• MAXIMIZE YOUR GIFT AND TALENTS
• HAVE A PLAN/STRATEGY
• STAY CONNECTED TO THE HOLY SPIRIT
• DON’T NUTURE THE SPIRIT OF POVERTY/LACK, DEFEAT, VICTIMIZATION, ETC.
• 7Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey
• Wisdom Literature (i.e. The book of Proverbs)
• Prayer for Wisdom and Guidance
• 2021 Calendar
• Vision Book or Board
• Unlined Book or Poster Board
• Magazines, Online images, scissors, Rubber Cement clue, pens, markers, etc.
• OR, search online for Online Vision Board templates